TASMANIA – explore on a tour, by foot or bicycle!
2021 is the year to embrace new adventures at home, such as walking some of the stunning coastlines (Bay of Fires, anyone?), learning about Tasmanian Aboriginal culture from an elder in Launceston or spotting some of Australia’s most famous native wildlife on Bruny Island. Tasmania has so much to see and truly is an adventure for everyone.
Taste of Tasmania
Capture the ethereal splendour and remote wonders of an island that prospers in its isolation on this nature-filled adventure through Tasmania. Discover uninterrupted UNESCO national parks, from the coastal heath and sand dunes that meet the rainforest in Tarkine to the glacier-sculpted terrain that envelops Cradle Mountain. Stroll along the stunning Hazards Beach in the shadow of Freycinet’s pink peaks and be mesmerised by the contrasting powder-white sands, turquoise waters and orange-hued granite in the world-famous Bay of Fires. Surround yourself with endemic wildlife, from Tasmanian devils to fairy penguins, and spend your free evenings indulging in world-class seafood in quaint coastal towns.
- Transport: Minibus with driver / guide
- Accommodation: Motel (5 nights)
- Included activities: Lake St Clair / Cradle Mountain Walk / Bay of Fires / Wineglass Bay
- Meals: No meals are included on this trip. This allows you the freedom to style your own foodie tour of Tasmania, sampling the local produce in the different regions of the island (with plenty of suggestions from your leader of course).
Trek the Cradle Mountain Overland Track
An epic trek on the Overland Track through Tasmania’s most breathtaking scenery! Take on the challenge of Australia’s most famous trek – the Cradle Mountain Overland track – and take in some of Tasmania’s most stunning scenery. With two expert mountain guides at your side, you’ll make your way through temperate rainforest and groves of eucalypts, across alpine moors and through valleys, skirt the edges of bright blue lakes and take in views of waterfalls and towering peaks in the distance. Camp on the edges of historic huts under star-filled skies, wake up to dramatic landscapes and take the chance to tackle side trips like summitting Cradle Mountain and the island’s highest peak Mt Ossa. This active adventure with Intrepid is one of the best ways to take in an iconic trek and landscape.
- Meals: 5 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners
- Transport: Private vehicle, walking, Ferry
- Accommodation: Camping (5 Nights). You will need to carry all your own gear on this trek. Expect the weight of your pack to be around up to 15 kg. This includes a portion of the food for the trip, and a share of a tent which will be around 1.4 kg. Free gear hire of a sleeping bag, sleeping mat, backpack and raincoat is included. Please advise us if you would like to take advantage of this. All gear is subject to availability.
Cycle Tasmania's East Coast
Take your local ride into a higher gear with this bike-powered adventure along Tasmania’s East Coast, from Launceston to Hobart. Days will be filled with revitalising rides through beautiful surrounds and memorable landscapes, and dropping into local producers for a taste of Tasmania’s celebrated harvest. The scent of lavender fills the area near Scottsdale, fresh seafood fills the plate in St Helens and Bicheno, and crisp, fresh air will fill your lungs as you cycle to country towns, along the coast, and to Freycinet National Park where clear waters lap secluded shores. This cycling adventure is the perfect way to get out of town and explore all that Tasmania has to offer.
- Meals: 8 breakfasts
- Transport: Bicycle (e-bike available, subject to availability), Support Vehicle
- Accommodation: Hotel/Guesthouse (8 nights)
- Included activities: Lavender Farm visit
Bicycles are included on this trip but you are welcome to bring your own bike should you choose. A discount of $AUD100 will apply to those people bringing their own bike. An e-bike option (at additional cost) may be available on this trip. We have limited numbers of these bikes available and they are an ‘on request’ basis only. A request does not guarantee an e-bike, only a confirmed booking. Please ask your agent for more details at the time of booking.